by: Bryant B-Boy Worthing @bboyworthing
The 2014-2015 season was all about the new, and the 2015 NBA draft followed a memorable season as the new kids out of college get ready to be pro’s. Draft night is always wild with trades and pick surprises with bizarre and brilliant custom suits making the event almost like a mini fashion show. Of all the pics in round one, easily the best outfit went to Kelly Orbue from the University of Kansas who went 15th overall to the Atlanta Hawks, then later traded to the Washington Wizards, with a sick burgundy suit and the craziest shoes anyone has seen in a long time covered in sparkling spikes (pictured above). Its good to see these young guys have swag, now on a basketball tip here is the FLVR lottery breakdown with the entire draft available on www.nba.com for you to view:
1) Minnesota Timberwolves, Karl Anthony-Towns (Kentucky) Center
Huge upside 7 footer with touch and great shot blocking ability, runs the floor well. Legit top selection.
2) Los Angeles Lakers, D’Angelo Rissell (Ohio State) Point Guard
6 foot 5 point point man with a great shooting touch, much needed for that Lakers drought.
3) Philadelphia 76ers, Jahlil Okafor (Duke) Power Foward
At 6 foot 11 with a soft touch Okafor easily could have been #1 overall. Philly got a steal.
4) New York Knicks, Kristaps Porzingis (Latvia) Small Forward
They say Europeans are soft, this guy is a baller with a cold stroke. We shall see.
5) Orlando Magic, Mario Hezonja (Croatia) Shooting Guard
Classic tweener at 6 for 8 with crazy handles, picture Tony Kukoc with new age game.
6) Sacramento Kings, Willie Caulie-Stein (Kentucky) Power Forward
One of the best defensive big men in the draft, flashes of Kenyon Martin style of game.
7) Denver Nuggets, Emmanuel Mudiay (China) Point Guard
Instead of going to college this kid lit it up China for a year, even though he was the #2 high school player in America a year ago.
8) Detroit Pistons, Stanley Johnson (Arizona) Small Forward
The Anaheim native has balled with the best of Southern California for years, touch defender drives to the rack w/ confidence.
9) Charlotte Hornets, Frank Kaminsky (Wisconsin) Power Forward
Crafty big man with a nice shooting touch who can also bang one on one. Brings toughness to a Hornet squad that ain’t that right now.
10) Miami Heat, Justise Winslow (Duke) Small Forward
The Houston native is 6 foot 6 and is a defensive beast. His offensive game helped Duke win the 2015 NCAA title.
11) Indiana Pacers, Myles Turner (Texas) Center/Power Forward
Averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds as a freshman, but his size his way bigger than those numbers. Runs the floor well too.
12) Phoenix Suns, Devin Booker (Kentucky) Shooting Guard
6 foot 6 guard with moves, decent jump shot more known has a defensive hog. Huge upside may need a year to develop.